Monday, August 23, 2010

Free...Hugs?





Again, I haven't posted in a while, I seem to lose my thoughts and don't ever really know what to write. But last night helped me figure it out.


Last night, I hugged quite a few people. People I knew and people I didn't know. It might not have been quite a few. It might have been an average amount of people exaggerated in my mind's eye for one reason or another.

But, as I was getting and giving all these hugs, two things happened at the same time which leads me to believe my heart had a thought.

At the same instant that I felt this comfortable pressure inside my rib cage, the words "why don't people give more hugs?" flashed through my consciousness.

It's an oddity. Hugs feel so good. It's something about the act of wrapping your arms around another human being and their willingness to accept this by wrapping their arms around you that sends a calming happiness through someone. Maybe it's the feeling of protecting while feeling protected. I don't know. But such an act can bring such warming results yet it's reserved for friends and family. This needs to change, I think.


These guys have the right idea. =)




No comments:

Post a Comment