Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Moleka

Kind of behind in my reading for class, so I shall make this quick.


Professor Matthews has always asked us "What was your favorite nugget?" Usually about a poem, we've read, we'd find our favorite part, a verse, a line, two words, whatever, and read it out loud.

As I was reading Maru for Modern Women Writers, I was beginning to think about how boring this book was. Then I came to this part:

Dikeledi immediately dived into the packet of Marmite sandwhiches, sat on a desk, tilted back her head and quietly threw her thoughts into her own heart. She was thinking: 'Moleka's kisses taste like Marmite sandwiches. Moleka's kisses taste like roast beef with spicy gravy. Moleka's kisses...' And while she dwelt on these earthly things, a very spiritual look of divine happiness appeared on her face. Her companion sitting opposite her, watched this pretty communication in silence.


My nugget.

No comments:

Post a Comment