Monday, July 5, 2010

Affliction Astrology


In astrology, affliction means "one celestial body affecting another". Otherwise, it means something that causes pain.

Weird.

Anyway, day two of this blog, day four in Costa Rica.

We went ATVing and at one point, we were riding along this beach, and I have never seen water look the way the ocean did at this moment. It had a metallic shine to it. I don't know why I'm saying these rambling things...I just really wanted to write things down, so I'm writing things down. It's soothing, really.

I have nothing else to say.


Ah! I remembered there was a reason for this post. I wanted to explain why Ultraviolet Lily Pads.

It's in a poem I once wrote. I told myself I'd only use this for new poems and short stories, but I suppose this can be an exception. Here it is. I wrote it two years ago. I was under some kind of influence when I wrote it. Heh. The only part I like is the Ultraviolet Lily Pads...it's stayed with me.

Vision

As I sit here instructing on the writer's
tools. I forget my next thought, on correcting these
mistakes

Do you hear the thousand mocking-doves a singing?
Dressed in black.
A sheep in wolves clothing.

This heavy breathing sends shivers up my spine. It frightens me.
This underground world seems wonderful.
No lies. No Pain

Hit my spine with a metal bat.
My blood is a river of ultraviolet Lily pads.
What is abstract?


Nothing.


Maybe I'll rewrite this someday. Who knows.


1 comment:

  1. I was just about to ask you why you called your blog Ultraviolet Lily Pads!
    The beautiful ocean hasn't inspired any new poems yet?

    ReplyDelete